maandag 13 april 2009

Queen's Day

First published May 1, 2005

Message from Frank

Saturday was Queensday, and Queen Beatrix was riding the tram between The Hague and Scheveningen. I was also there, but my attention was directed towards the Freemarkets they were having in the streets.
It seemed like the whole of Holland was trying to sell its stuff, from little vases and boxes to real jukeboxes and tandems.
Everybody was out to make some money. At one place you could even buy an egg for 2 € and throw it to the sales person. ('Get rid of stress and agression').
We bought ice-creams and biscuits (which served as spoons) and in the evening drank Polish vodka and Dutch beer. I can strongly recommend 'het Kanon', a beer with an alcohol percentage of 11,6% !
At night we had fireworks (nothing extraordinary) and at Mark's place we watched a movie...

On Sunday I gave a lift to some of my friends, and when we arrived in Utrecht Kadi from Estonia asked me if she could join me for a ride to Brussels.
But first I had to pay a visit to some friends in Zeist, whose weddingparty I unfortunately had missed when I went to Valencia. Anyway, it was great seeing them after 3 years, and we took a nice stroll through the woods.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten