zaterdag 18 april 2009

I've been driving all night, my hands on the wheel...

First published May 8, 2005

Today will be the toughest day for me : 10 uur driving without much distraction. That's why I planned a route that will bring us at least some nice things to see : driving through part of the oldest forest in Europa (there are still bizons living there, unfortunately we only saw them on a bottle of Wodka).

The second kind of entertainment was paying my ex-mother-in-law a visit. Ok, ex-mother-in-law is not the right term, since Barbara and I were never married. Anyway, she was very happy to see us, and Ingrid and I received Ponczki, a kind of donut but without a hole...

We had no problems at the Lithuanian border and when we picked up a hitchhiker, it turned out she was going to the same street where our friend Mintaute lives ! What a coincide !

Mintaute and Milda are two friends I met last year, and this will be the third time we met. In the evening we went to a traditional restaurant where they served typical Lithuanian food like ox tongue, smoked pig's ears and lamb slumgullion !.
Ingrid took a Zeppelin, I tried the potato sausage. Delicious !

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten